For both professional and amateur golfers, golf rangefinders play the most important role in improving a game. That equipment isn’t suggestions to improve your swing skills but their characteristics are helpful for players. Despite the short period of use, they have a significant influence on games.
That leads to varieties and developments of types of golf rangefinders and other similar tools. Here are golf rangefinder reviews of main types’ characteristics to help you choose the best.
What are golf rangefinders?
They’re designed to support a game by measuring correct distance to objects on the course. Their eye safe lasers point an object, count the time and show the results on the rangefinder screen.
When using this device, you can have some short disruption during the game, but you will receive the accurate information instead of the confused things from your personal views.
To choose the right type, you need to know your play level and destinations to use. If you own the best rangefinder, you can gain a lot of benefits in the long term, like the development of the handicap or the prize money.
Moreover, you can improve skills to choose correct irons for a shot. For the professionals, rangefinders prove valuable factors, like altitude, temperature, and shot angle. Thus, if you are a serious golfer, it’s necessary to own a device that suits your ability and budget.
Types of golf rangefinders
1. Golf GPS handheld
This device is good at course management but it has advantages and disadvantages:
- It’s easy to set up and operates. The labeled buttons help golfers figure out quickly.
- Because of the bright and large LCD screen with a backlight factor, users can see and read the readings easily.
- It’s lightweight so you can carry during the game.
- You can use it anytime since it’s weather resistant and tough.
- If the device pinpoints the right location, the user will get a correct reading, but the readings vary irregularly. You can use modern GPS system to solve this error.
- It doesn’t offer the statistics and scoring so if you want additional and reliable information, you must buy an extra equipment to support, like a GPS watch.
2. Golf GPS watch
Nowadays, to help golfers make the simpler range finding, the Golf GPS watch appears and develops. Even though different users have different descriptions about this device, it’s only a distance finding that includes convenience, style, and comfort.
- It’s comfortable and lightweight for the wrist.
- The battery life lasts longer if you own a high-quality model so you don’t worry that it runs out of charge in the middle game.
- It’s fashionable and has all basic functions of a watch so it can be used as a normal watch when you don’t play a game.
- You can use it for recording statistics scores and gathering other valuable information.
- The price is quite high.
- You must take good care of it since the screen often stains quickly and easily.
3. Golf laser rangefinder
This device uses the laser beam to define the distance. Despite the different technology, it offers the same purpose to other GPS devices.
- It supports the best accurate information.
- Because of the readily installed courses, you won’t download courses.
- You won’t spend money for continual subscriptions.
- Since it’s quite flexible, you can quickly define the distance to any target.
- Due to the modern technology, the price is higher than golf GPS.
- The readings are confused to read during bad weathers, like frosted surfaces or foggy days.
Even though you’re professionals or golfers who play for fun, you can also use the golf laser rangefinders to define the distance and to determine the targeted object’s location. If you own the best golf rangefinder, you can use several technologies for different features. The modern models make the game fast and easy.
Finally, rangefinders vary in types and features so you can always find one in the market. However, it’s a problem to use the right device for a game. Thus, you can get reliable and accurate information. Whether users are experts or amateurs, rangefinders can make you enjoy the fun game and become a better golfer.